Built for deep winter trail-breaking or gear-laden alpine approaches, the 2019 Alpine Carbon Z-Pole combines three-section compaction with a light, stiff, four-season construction. Now with improved joint support and increased durability, making these trekking poles strong yet ultralight for mountain missions.
When lightweight, durable utility is paramount, the Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Z delivers 100% carbon construction combined with a three-section foldable shaft for quick storage and speed-cone deployment for on-the-move extension. Whether on a deep-winter mission or high-alpine alpine reconnaissance, the four-season construction and natural cork grip provide robust supportable terrain.
- Natural cork grip with dual-density top
- Breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip EVA foam mini-grip extension
- Three-section foldable shaft with speed-cone deployment
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- Aluminum ring and aluminum sleeve to protect carbon
- Flex Tech Tips allow either carbide or rubber tips to be used
- 60 mm Trekking Baskets and Compactor Powder Baskets
- Sold as pair
Usable Length [100 cm]: 39" (100 cm)
Collapsed Length [100 cm]: 14.6" (34 cm)
Weight per Pair [100 cm]: 14.3 oz (405 g)
Usable Length [110 cm]: 43" (110 cm)
Collapsed Length [110 cm]: 14.6" (37 cm)
Weight per Pair [110 cm]: 14.9 oz (425 g)
Usable Length [120 cm]: 47" (120 cm)
Collapsed Length [120 cm]: 15.7" (40 cm)
Weight per Pair [120 cm]: 15.8 oz (447 g)
Usable Length[130 cm]: 51" (130 cm)
Collapsed Length [130 cm]: 17.3" (44 cm)
Weight per Pair [130 cm]: 16 oz (465 g)
Z-POLE RAPID DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from Black Diamond's expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.
For Walking, hiking and backpacking: Stability and support matter most. Size up if you're right on a size cusp.
For Running: Uphill propulsion matters most. Size down if you're right on a size cusp.